Good but...
I've watched the first two episodes of the show so far, and I'm not sure what to think of it. There are parts I like, and parts I immediately reject. I like that they're not just recycling the same rouge's gallery as every other Batman series, and they're digging into some of the lesser-known villians and making them interesting. I don't like the changes to Alfred, however. Turning him into an ex-MI6 agent (who miraculously can't hear an antique car pulling up directly in front of him)seems like a cheap gimmick to reinvent the character. As a result he seems more like Jason Statham than Alfred Pennyworth. He was fine the way he was, and I think the change was entirely unnecessary.
Besides that, the Batman himself seems like a good iteration of the character... but there is one part in the second episode that stands out to me. He's talking with the woman who will become Katana, and out of the blue starts profiling her out loud for her to hear. Now if Batman was doing this to...
Don't Beware - Beware the Bat
I loved the animated series and I loved Batman Beyond. I never cared for "The Batman" because of the art style. Than Brave and Bold more than made up for it with its straight up fun take on Batman.
Beware the Batman is the next great Batman show. I was very skeptical (reading all the press leading up to the primer) but its done very well. If you are a fan of Batman, you will not regret buying every episode of Beware the Batman. Hands down, the best action of any of the Batman shows. You can clearly track what is going on during fight scenes, the animation is amazing. I also love the Batman design. It is very reminiscent of the Grant Morrison JLA Batman. The only major difference is the bat symbol on the chest is black (on black) instead of gold.
As a huge Kevin Conroy fan, I was not sure how I would like Batman's voice. But the voice actor who plays Batman is perfect for this incarnation. Also the Dad from "That 70's Show" is grat as Jim Gordon.
My...
Great new take on batman
Very well done and love the change of his butler!! The villains are fresh which makes the show more interesting !!
Click to Editorial Reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment